Honoring the accomplishments and commitment to higher education of ASU’s Hispanic community.
¡Felicidades! on your upcoming Graduation!
The Hispanic Convocation at Arizona State University is a signature event that honors the accomplishments and commitment of ASU’s Hispanic students pursuing higher education. Participation is open to all graduating students of Arizona State University.
Registrations for the Hispanic Convocation ceremony is conducted online via MyASU.
You must apply for graduation to activate the registration links. You can find details on applying for graduation here.
Virtual Ceremony Information for Spring 2021
- Register for Spring 2021 Hispanic Convocation through the Ceremony Registration Portal on MyASU that opens on Monday, March 29. The deadline to register, submit a personal photo and personal statement is Wednesday, April 21.
- Deadline to register and receive your sarape stole in the mail by the ceremony registration deadline is Friday, April 9 (not guaranteed due to mail delays). All graduates that register and pay their fee after April 9th will receive their sarape stole in the mail at a later date in May
- You’ve worked hard to earn your degree and now it’s time to celebrate with your friends and family! Join us on Monday, May 3rd when all the ASU graduation ceremonies go live at 9:00 a.m. MST on graduation.asu.edu
- Virtual Commencement and Convocation ceremonies FAQ's https://graduation.asu.edu/ceremonies/faq
Hispanic Convocation Sarapes Stole
The traditional Hispanic Convocation sarape stole will be available for pickup during the Grad Images photos sessions at each campus: Downtown, West, Polytechnic, and Tempe.
Please review the “GradImages Photos” section below for specific details about locations and times.
Please note: Only graduates that have registered for Hispanic Convocation and paid their $20.00 will be able to pick up their sarape stole at the GradImages photo sessions. All other graduates will receive their sarape stole in the mail by Friday, April 9 (not guaranteed due to mail delays). All graduates that register and pay their fee after April 9th will receive their sarape stole in the mail at a later date in May.
Get your complimentary grad photos! GradImages will be taking complimentary photos at each of ASU’s campuses. Learn more about photo dates, locations and links to register.
***Sarape stoles will be distributed at this time for those graduates that have finalized their registration and paid their fee.
Graduate and Family Story Submission
If you and your family would like to participate in a special Spring 2021 Hispanic Convocation video that will premiere with the ceremony on Monday, December 14th please submit the following information to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Graduate Name
- Graduate Major
- Graduate Student ID #
- Quick Personal Story Summary (no more than a paragraph)
Get social! We want to celebrate your achievements. Use #ASUGrad when posting photos and videos from your celebration to social media for a chance to be featured on ASU’s social media accounts on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn and YouTube.